We know that having the wifi go down can be one of the most frustrating issues you'll face. We'll do our best to get you connected as quickly as possible, although if the route of the problem is infrastructural, resolution can take longer than we would like.
If you are having problems with the internet, there are two potential issues:
1) The supplier is having problems. e.g. someone has dug up the fibre cables that deliver internet to the house. Damn! We can't do anything about that, but we can usually find out how long it will take to fix.
2) The router or Wi-Fi equipment in the house has gone on strike. If this is the problem, we can help with this!
There are a number of steps you can take that may get you up and running immediately:
Step 1- The old "turn it off and on again" routine
Unplug your internet router and also your Wi-Fi router (if you have them).
Try unplugging them, waiting for 30 seconds (which feels like an age, so please count...), and then plugging it back in. It can take up to half an hour (yes really!) for it to reboot and stabilise, so it might be worth putting the kettle on.
Step 2- Check if it is a problem with the provider
This requires contacting the provider. We will gladly call them, but they will need to talk to someone physically near the equipment, so if you want internet back on quickly, it's fastest if you call them directly.
If you know your provider is Virgin
Call Virgin Media on 0800 052 0800 and select option 3, then option 2. (not option 0, "at home", as Lyvly counts as a business.)
You'll need to give them the business name Living Central and your address and postcode. Ask them the following questions:
- Ask them if there is a fault in the area - the whole neighbourhood might be temporarily affected.
- If there is no fault in the area, Virgin will test your router remotely and check if everything is ok with it. Most of the times they just need to reboot it, but it might be the case that a new router is required and they will arrange for a new one to be delivered.
- If the router is working but still you can’t connect to the internet, give us a call and we’ll help further in any way we can!
- If it's not this, it might be a fault with the wire. Let us know and we'll get things started.
If these steps don't help, let us know by completing this form. If you need any further information to call the provider, call us on 020 3868 7423.