If you have something that isn't an emergency but is pretty urgent and is out of office hours, this is what to do
We know that bad things happen at the worse times. Leaks, breaks and accidents tend to happen outside of business hours, and always on the weekend. We will always help where we can, but sometimes we are limited to the time-frames and hours of other companies as well.
- Assess the situation- issue dependent, but if it is the wee hours of the morning is there a potential that it can wait until 8am for someone to get involved. Often there is not much that can be done in the meantime.
- Act- If the issue is really serious, then waiting on us to help might not be the right thing to do. Check out our page on emergencies for more information. If your issue is with a gas leak or water leak, you should turn off the supply at the inlet.
- Let your concierge know- if you are lucky enough to live in a building with a concierge, especially a 24/7 one, reach out to them first. They will often have had experience of the issue you have had before, and might be able to help much faster as they are on the ground.
- Reach out to a neighbour- again, depending on the issue, reaching out to your neighbours can be a great place to start if you are unsure on what to do. They might also just be able to offer some moral support.
- Call us - We do have a call answering system, and our team there can give you any necessary emergency numbers to contact for each specific situation. Contact us on 020 3868 7423