I am concerned about a housemate

In a shared living community you are the closest to recognise a change in a housemate

  • There has been a change in behaviour that I am worried about
    If your housemate's personality or normal behaviour has significantly changed recently, try to understand if there has been a significant change in their life. Potentially a change at work, in love or in a friendship could cause a significant change.

    If you are worried and want to seek further help, click here to review a full list of charities and bodies that can give advice on what you might be experiencing. 

  • My housemate seems down and I don't know what to do
    • Let them know you care and are there to listen.
    • Accept them as they are, without judging them.
    • Stay in touch with them by messaging, texting, phoning or meeting for coffee. People who are depressed can become isolated
    • Try to be patient.
    • Take care of yourself.
    If the person you're worried about expresses suicidal feelings, you or they should contact a GP or NHS 111.
    You can also contact Samaritans on 116 123 for confidential 24-hour support.