All Lyvly homes are cleaned once every two weeks minimum by our team of Lyvly housekeepers. The cleans include all of the communal areas, e.g. the hallways, stairs, living room, kitchen and shared bathrooms, as well as any other area which is shared by all members in the home.
Our housekeeping includes:
- Hoovering and mopping
- Cleaning and removing any limescale from sinks, taps and shower heads
- Waste management (emptying bins and taking them outside)
- General tidying (putting away any items left out, picking things up off the floor)
- Cleaning all worktops, islands, other surfaces and seats (stools, chairs and tables)
- Running dishwasher and emptying when finished
- Cleaning and polishing the fronts of all appliances (microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, cooker, toaster, kettle etc.)
- Descaling the kettle if necessary
- Checking the salt and rinse aid levels in dishwasher and refilling as necessary
Our housekeepers have a set time allocated to cleaning the communal areas of your home, so do bear in mind that if a lot of washing up (!!) is left for example, the less time they may be able to spend in other areas.
If you feel that any of the above has not been done as part of your housekeeping, then do please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be told the set day of the week that your housekeeper visits. If there is change to this for any reason, a member of the community team will let you know well in advance.
We offer additional room cleaning for any members who would like this service :)
To opt in for room cleaning, please tell us how often you would like your room cleaned (e.g. fortnightly, monthly, a one-off clean etc.) by emailing email@example.com.
Standard room clean = £9
En-suite room clean = £12.50
The housekeeping schedule is drawn up a week in advance, so once your room clean is requested, your first clean (hopefully of many!!) will not take place until the following week.
The charge is added on to your rental invoice TWO MONTHS in arrears - e.g. your room cleans for March will be charged in May. This is to ensure that all room cleaning is added onto our system and charged correctly - we would not want to charge you for a clean that has not yet happened!
Occasionally, a clean that took place in one month might fall into next month’s cleaning. This is dependent on the date of the Saturday at the end of the week that your clean took place. E.g. if you had a clean on Wednesday 31st January, but that Saturday was the 3rd February, that clean would fall under February’s housekeeping, and you would therefore be charged in April.