Here are some tips to help you stop finding these things in your clothes after taking them out of the washing machine or dryer.
Fluff in the fabric:
- A washer dryer is a washing machine combined with tumble dryer, and these machines cannot have a separate fluff filter for drying (except the case of washer dryers with a heat pump).
- In these machines, there may be a risk of fluff on the clothing after drying, but this can be minimised by regularly cleaning the appliance, using a cleaning cycle and being aware of the colour of the clothing you want to wash and/or dry.
- During the washing and/or drying phase, some types of fabric release fluff. (e.g. new facecloth, woollen clothes, sweatshirts, towels etc.)
- The fluff that is released can stick to your clothes during the next wash.
- To prevent fluff in your laundry, we recommend that you:
- Do not wash dark fabrics after you have washed and dried light fabrics, and vice versa. (especially clothes that release a lot of fluff)
- We recommend that you air-dry these types of fabric after you have washed them the first few times
- Regularly clean the fluff filter
- Clean the empty drum, door seal and door with a damp cloth after each drying cycle. (Especially around the upper part of the door and the door seal)
Avoiding or removing fluff from your clothing:
- If your clothes still have any fluff on them afterwards, you can remove it with a fluff remover.
- Using too much soap can sometimes produce a fluff-like appearance on the surface of fabrics. You should therefore always add the right amount of detergent in accordance with the detergent manufacturer’s instructions.
- You should also remember not to overfill the drum when using the dryer (max 3/4 full).
- Some machines have a built-in cleaning cycle which can be used to remove and prevent fluff on the laundry. The cleaning cycle is used after drying and before the next clothes wash.
If you still have issues despite following this advice, let us know by completing this form. Please include pictures of the problem so we can help you solve it as quickly as possible.