We know finding a home can be daunting, but let us guide you through your Lyvly journey!
Ways to Show Interest:
- Register your interest for a building or a room on our website.
- Send the New Members Team an email enquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the New Members line on 02035145923
Within 24 hours you will receive a WhatsApp/text/call from one of our New Members Team asking about the details of your move
The New Members team will find you a Home within your desired area based on a number of different criteria including matching you to people within a similar lifestage to your own.
As we are a Membership Community everyone who lives with us is required to apply to become a Member by filling out a personality questionnaire around our core values.
Once you have been accepted into the community your application form becomes your Bio for us to introduce you to your future housemates.
Once you have chosen a room you will be required to put down a reservation in order to take the room off the market while we check all references and affordability.
This is a £100 fee that comes off your first months rent with us. If you do change your mind about the room you have 24 hours and we will refund this £100 no questions asked. If you decide not to take the room after this time period you forfeit this fee.
As soon as you have reserved your room you will be introduced to your future housemates so that you can get to know them before you move in.
Everyone has 5 days to pass referencing and sign their lease. Once the lease is signed you will be handed over to our Community Experience team.
So you have paid your £100, but what now?
- Complete your references You will receive an automated email to complete your references
If you don't receive straight away, you can get ahead of the game and complete it here.
- Complete a credit check We currently do this using Experian, so you will get an email from them directly.
If you need a guarantor or are based internationally do get in touch for further details.
The finance bits
Congrats, you have been approved by the membership committee and passed your references. What happens now?
- Signing your lease We will counter sign your lease and then it is all action stations.
- Create a direct debit You must sign up to a direct debit to pay your rent each month. If you haven't created a direct debit ahead of move in, we cannot provide you with access to your new home.
- Pay your initial months rent and deposit You will need to pay your initial months rent before we can give you access to the house (and your deposit or no-deposit fee!).
If you aren't sure how much this is or where to transfer this to, just get in touch.
Things to remember:
- You have a 5 day reservation period. This is where the room is yours to process your application, it won't be shown to anyone else.
- You have a 24hr cooling off period So if you change your mind, don't worry! After 24 hours, if you haven't signed your lease, you can cancel your reservation but we will not be able to refund your deposit.
- You need to provide references We will need a employer reference and also a previous landlord reference.
- You must complete a biography Make sure you put as much information as possible into your biography for the membership committee- it is your moment to shine!
- You are signing up to a tenancy agreement and Lyvly membership Please don't forget the lease is 24 months in length with a 6 month break.
- You must pay your deposit and first months rent before move in Pay 5 weeks of rent in advance that will be held by the DPS and your initial months rent (calculated by the amount of days you will be living there in the month)
If you have any questions or queries during your application to lease sign journey, please email email@example.com or reach out to your Sales Lead.